Friday 22 May 2015

Review Fury of Fate by Coreene Callahan


Synopsis 

Sasha Cooper is a woman on a mission. Determined to let loose and live a little, she takes her best friend’s advice and embarks on a night of passion with a complete stranger. No regrets in the morning. No looking back either. But when the one she chooses turns out to be a Dragonkind warrior, Sasha knows she’s in trouble—and that the man she believed was a dream come true could end up being her worst nightmare.

He never intended to get involved…

Ivar, leader of a rogue faction of Dragonkind, isn’t a pushover. So when a noisy neighbour jeopardizes the security of his secret lair, he decides to take care of the problem once and for all. Little does he know banging on Sasha’s door will send him on a passionate odyssey unlike any he’s ever experienced? But when the night takes a deadly turn, he’s left little choice—escape from the woman who possesses the power to kill him, or die trying.

Review

I’m not always a fan of novellas, as I get into a story and it ends too soon, but as this was part of the dragonfury series I decided to give it a go. I’ve loved this series right from the start when the first book came out, and couldn’t wait for the rest. Ivan is the ultimate bad boy, his smouldering tension and potential violence send both men and women scurrying away if he crosses their path.  Ivan is a real nasty piece of work, Coreene writes him so well that you can’t help but despise him. Imagine my surprise when I opened this novella to find he’d met his match and it wasn’t another dragonkind, it was a woman on a mission, who scared Ivan to death. Coreene’s idea to bring him to his knees was inspired, who knew I van could be a soft sexual creature, when in other books he is portrayed as the polar opposite. Ivan is drawn to Sasha but he doesn’t know how or why, but maybe the meridian had something to do with it!

This Novella is well worth the read, as the story centres around Ivan and will leave you thinking wow. I so loved reading about this different side to him and I really hope the author develops this relationship further in a future book. I did feel a short novella wasn’t enough for this storyline, but thankful I had Fury of Obsession to move straight on to.

This review is short and sweet just like the book, which if you’re a dragonfury fan I would highly recommend you read it. If you’re new to the series, I’d suggest starting from the first book Fury of Fire, to give you the back ground you need on Ivan, which I believe you need to fully appreciate this book.

I rate this book
 


No comments:

Post a Comment